12/3/12

{Dash of Love} Pecan Tassies

Can you believe it is December already?
It's the most wonderful time of the year! You can almost taste the Holiday cheer in the air. It's so warm and glowing everywhere you go. Every tree is trimmed, every stocking hung, and every light twinkles all day long. I just love it! It is kind of amazing how perfect red and green go together. And how cute a jolly fat guy in a furry red suit can be.

Last year I was busy making all kinds of handmade holiday decorations and spending all my money on crafting and/or baking. Ahhh...that was so fun! You can relive it  here, here, and here. (And a few more around that same time period.) This year, I have been super duper busy and super duper broke. So, I have had to embrace what little decorations I do have (I thought I made more last year) and actually just enjoy the season! I have been doing that by listening to hours of festive music, watching my favorite Christmas movies, and relaxing near those pretty lights on my tree.

And now, finally, I am getting a little time to enjoy it all in the kitchen! My favorite part! I will have a few recipes coming up for you this month so stay tuned for those yummy concoctions! ;)

Tonight I made these amazing Pecan Tassies and had to get on and share immediately! They are snackable, easy to make, and so freakin delicious! They are like mini pecan pies, but better...yes.



Ingredients
Crust:
-1/2 cup softened butter
-3 oz. softened cream cheese
-1 cup flour
Filling:
-1/4 cup pecans, chopped (can add more, depending on your preference)
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 tbs melted butter
-1/4 tsp cinnamon
-1 large egg

Directions
Preheat oven to 325
Mix together butter and cream cheese
Add in flour until well combined
Pat out dough onto floured surface
Take approx. teaspoon sized balls of the dough and press them into a mini muffin tin
Mix pecans, sugar, butter, cinnamon, and egg until well blended
Scoop a dollop into the dough cups
Bake for approx 25-28 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and filling has set
Yummmooo!!!

1

2

...and 3!

Aren't they adorable! 





No comments:

Post a Comment