6/3/12

{Dash of Love} Strawberry Muffins

Good Morning, Puddin'! Can you believe the gorgeous weather TN has been having? It is amazing. We barely had a winter, I was like the only one ecstatic about that, and the spring was much warmer too. And now, the summer has been hot, which I LOVE, but also not too much of the overly humid 90 degree weather. Yesterday it was like 70 and perfect! Loving it so much, I even decided to type up this little post outside on the patio... :)

So, I have some more recipes for you! I am so proud of myself. I have whipped up so many yummy things lately...all with me just winging it in the kitchen. They all luckily were home runs and now I can share them with you all! I really enjoy cooking, especially baking. It has been such a stress reliever and the perfect way to just relax over this summer break. I hope you all have something like that to get lost in. I think that is really important in life. We all need a hobby, a break, a little getaway from reality. So if you don't have one, try experimenting in the kitchen! Even if it is just following recipes, I love being in the kitchen like a scientist whipping up some awesome concoction. I am more of a mad scientist though myself, I take handfuls of recipes and dissect them all, and then put pieces of them back into my own recipe. And at the end of all this madness, the place looks like a tornado came through. Like I always say, thank goodness I love to clean, or I would never cook!

Strawberries are perfect this time of year! They just scream summer! Those fresh, ripe, red beauties are so sweet and delicious. If that sentence just made your mouth water, then you'll love this recipe. Unfortunately when I whipped up this recipe I did not have any fresh strawberries. It was that point in the month where the groceries had ran just about completely out, and it wasn't quite payday. So, after 30 minutes of rummaging through my cabinets I found that I had all the makings of a yummy muffin. After finding a cup of frozen strawberries, I knew it had to be Strawberry Muffins!

 Isn't she pretty? They turned out so delicious! But next time, I will for sure get me some fresh strawberries! You could also add a tbs or two of cream cheese for an extra creamy muffin.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup plus 2 tbs milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup chopped strawberries

Directions: (pictures below) 

-Preheat oven to 375
-In a bowl combine to oil, milk, and egg
-In a mixer, or another bowl, add flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder
-Add strawberries to the flour mixture and mix just until combined
-Pour in liquid mixture and mix until well combined together
-Fill a muffin tin, lined with paper or oiled
-Sprinkle a pinch of sugar on the tops of each of the muffins
-Bake for about 20 minutes or until the tops are golden and they spring back when you touch them






Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment