6/3/12

{Dash of Love} Banana-Granola-PB Smoothie

Another post so soon, you ask? Well duh, it is Lazy Sunday around here, so blogging and staying in my PJ's are the only things on my todo list! This morning I woke up craving breakfast, of course. Pancakes, sausage, gravy, eggs...yum! But, my dumb, or extremely smart, self didn't buy any of those sugary, fattening breakfast foods I love some much.

So, I got creative and whipped up something super delicious! This smoothie was the perfect breakfast smoothie. It was easy, filling, and would be really great for those mornings on the go. Must remember to make this for when I go back to school in the fall! Smoothies are so easy though, if you have some fruit, milk, or anything else that can be blended up, just throw it in and you'd be surprised at the yumminess that can occur! 


Ingredients
2 bananas, chopped
approx 2- 2 1/2 tbs peanut butter
honey, drizzled
1 tbs granola
1/2 cup milk
4 handfuls of ice, depends on how thick you want yours
*You could definitely make this much healthier using skim milk, low fat granola, honey, and natural peanut butter!

Directions
Put everything in a blender, minus the ice, and mix until well blended. 
Add the ice and blend until it reaches your desired consistency.
This made enough for about 3 servings for me, so I am storing the rest in the fridge! 




No comments:

Post a Comment