6/3/12

{Dash of Love} Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe is for everyone, unless you somehow hate chocolate chip cookies...And then I can only guess that you are some kind of demon from another world. Ahh, there is nothing like a good chocolate chip cookie. You can get them in all different types too. There are cake-like ones, chewy ones, nutty ones, hot ones, etc. My favorites are warm and gooey, and sometimes I like a nice crispy one!

You can easily go buy some cookie dough or already made cookies from the store and they taste just fine. But, I have always wanted to master a good cookie recipe. Just because homemade cookies do have that extra little something! And cookies are so easy to make, you probably all have the ingredients right in your cabinets! Well, if you bake frequently like me, then you definitely will. And luckily after throwing in some ingredients, I ended up with one yummy cookie! It reminded me of the ones I used to get from Mrs. Field's at the mall, which I always loved. They are sweet and gooey, and everything you love about a chocolate chip cookie. So, if you have some time and the ingredients...you must give them a try!

Ingredients:

1 stick butter, room temp, cubed
1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup regular sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla 
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 bag of chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)

Directions:

-Cream together the butter and sugars
-Add in egg, vanilla, and salt just until combined
-Add in flour, baking soda, and baking powder until all combined together
-Fold in chocolate chips
-Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour
-Preheat oven to 350
-Drop balls of dough onto a greased pan and bake for approx 8-11 minutes, based on your desired texture and color 







I hope you enjoy these yummy treats as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment