5/23/12

{Dash of Love} Peach Cobbler

Hey folks! I know, I know. I always say I am really going to keep up with my posting. And I haven't even really been that busy. I have actually been such a lazy bum! :) I think I have deserved some lazy time though. But the time has come where I can no longer be lazy and don't really want to be. I function better on a slightly busy schedule and routine, anyway. So I wanted to share some recipes with you since I have gotten a chance to just experiment in  the kitchen...which I adore!

So, first up, Peach Cobbler. Peach Cobbler is MY all time favorite dessert. I could eat it everyday and never ever get tired of it. I am a peach loving girl to begin with, but add that crispy crust and bubbling juices... and I am in heaven!
This recipe is super easy and holds up so well. I ate it for like a week after, alone! I know, I really have made the right choice in a mate. He hates Peach Cobbler, leaving the whole pan to me and me only! I am pretty stingy with my cobbler, so this works out perfectly.


Ingredients:

1 stick of butter

Filling
-approx 5 cups of peeled, sliced peaches (you could use canned instead, just drain)
-1 cup sugar
-1 cup water
-approx 1 tsp cinnamon

Crust
-1 cup sugar
-1 1/2 cup self rising flour
-1 1/2 cups milk
-dash or 2 of cinnamon (I like cinnamon though so you can omit!)


Directions:

Preheat to 350
Mix peaches, sugar, water, and cinnamon in a pot over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
Melt the butter in your baking dish in the oven.
With a mixer, mix flour, sugar, milk, and cinnamon slowly until all smoothly incorporated.
Pour mixture over melted butter, do not stir!
Spoon peaches over the butter and crust mixture.
Slowly pour fruit syrup into the mixture.
Bake 35-40 minutes, or until crust has risen and it is a golden brown.

The crust batter will rise up and be nice and fluffy! You could use this recipe with many different fruits and flavors...it is so good!

I hope you all have a wonderful day, and enjoy this summer weather! 


No comments:

Post a Comment