3/26/12

{A Dash of Love} Broccoli Salad

Wow! It has been forever!!! I so don't like it either. But, my life is so hectic this semester and crafting/baking/blogging are all at the bottom of my never ending todo list! There are only 5 weeks of school left though, so YAY! Then I will have the summer off from school and can spend my days swimming, crafting, and baking...ahhhh....that sounds so sweet. I did however want to take a moment to share a recipe with you I whipped up yesterday, it is so yummy! The baby I watch is napping away and so before I start on my large pile of homework I wanted to BLOG! :D

So, if you are looking for ways to enjoy this fantastic summer-like weather...you could use this recipe! As soon as the temperatures rise anywhere above 50 degrees I consider it spring and start eating all my favorite fresh foods. I LOVE sandwiches, salads, fruits, veggies, and anything cool and light for those hot summer months. This broccoli salad is one of my favorite things to make and it is just perfect!

Does anyone like Ruby Tuesday's as much as I do? Mmmmm... my mouth is watering just thinking about it! I really really love their salad bar. It is always so fresh and has SO many choices! They have a broccoli salad that is absolutely amazing. I mean I cannot compete with RT, but this salad is pretty darn close to theirs and just as yummy! :)


Broccoli Salad
-2 big bunches of fresh broccoli, rinsed, chopped, and separated
-1 medium red onion chopped
-1 whole bag of those "real" bacon bits, not the crunchy ones
-1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheese
-1 1/2 cup mayo
-2 tbs balsamic vinegar
-2 tsp sugar

Mix mayo, vinegar, and sugar together until well blended.
Add in bacon, onion, cheese, and broccoli and mix well.
Chill and serve!! :)


Make this and enjoy it on your porch in the hot sun, yes!
It stays great for many days...it gets better as it sits in the fridge...
Have a fabulous day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment