11/18/11

More Merriment

I told ya'll I would keep you updated with my Christmas crafts, so here is a few more! Two of them are not so Christmasy, but still neat projects. I have so many ideas and I wish I had the time to just do them all already! But, a couple of crafts here and there makes it all last a little longer, so that is the bright side.

I have a 12-15 page report due on Sunday, that I have barealy started on. Why? I am not really sure, probably because I am so over this semester, but also probably because I would rather be crafting! I am usually a pretty bad procrastinator, but this semester has made me be the worst student I have ever been. I don't mean to be misleading, because I actually enjoy school. I love it! This semester has just not been a good one. I have had 3 online courses, sorry if I have ranted about this already, and I hate online courses. I am just a sit in class-taking notes-listening to lectures-kind of girl! But, I digress...


Sweet Covered Candles      Cost me a total of $3.00!
Materials: burlap
                 lace trim
                 candle
                 hot glue gun and glue sticks

I got 2 large jar candles at a great deal of $1.50/each at Kroger the other day. They were on sale because they were fall smells, and I had to jump on it! I love candles, especially fall smells.

 I figured they would be a nice addition to our everyday decor if I just spruced em up a bit.


So I just glued on some burlap and lace! I think they are just the cutest, and you could do this with all your candles, easily.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Here is another fun Christmas craft that anyone can do! And it was cheap! Total cost: $2.00

Felt Christmas Polka Dot Garland 
Materials: sheets of felt, in whatever colors you like
                 sissors
                 circle stencil (make your own by tracing something, I used a candlestick)
                 hot glue gun and glue sticks
                 yarn or string
 
                                                 

              I doubled up sheets of each color and cut the felt into squares and then cut out circles

              I then dotted one circle with hot glue, added the yarn and then topped it with a
coordinating circle, finished product is shown below.


So simple, and so cute! I love it!
My bookcase is not even close to being done yet, but here is the full view of the garland:
__________________________________________________________________________________




This project was just as cheap and easy. It cost a total of $2.00 as well!

DIY Apothecary Jar
Materials: glass or vase
                 candlestick
                 candle top or other glass top
                 hot glue and sticks


I just glued a Dollar Tree candlestick to a glass I found there. You can do so many things with these candle sticks!
I plan to paint this when it gets warm again, and want to make some cake stands!
I always have these candle tops and never know what to do with them. I totally lucked out because this one fit perfectly! It could also be your very own wine glass, how fun! :)

It found its place as the Q-tip holder in my bathroom, cant wait to paint it yellow to match the decor!



I apologize, I am horrible at tutorials. I always forget to take pictures of the before and the process. I did better this time, but I will try and do better in the next ones! ;) I hope you enjoyed these simple projects and be sure to keep checking back, because there is much more to come!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment