11/30/11

{A Dash of Love} Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cinna-BrownSugar-Frosting

     This recipe is featuring the newest addition to our family, my amazing Kitchenaid Mixer! :) I have wanted one of those mixers for as long as I can remember. I always knew I would get one, but never expected one this early in life. I would always go to Macy's and just linger in the Kitchenaid section staring at the beauties...and now I am a proud owner of one!

So I wanted my first recipe using Patty, yea I named her Patricia, to be something very delicious. I gathered up many different recipes and came up with my own version of a Pumpkin Spice Cake. And then made some amazing frosting to go on top! You will absolutely love this, it is not overly sweet and so moist!


Cake Ingredients:
1 box of Spice Cake mix, why not use a little help? I like Duncan Hines
1 can pumpkin
1/4 cup oil
1 cup water
1 pkg vanilla pudding (3.4oz)
3 eggs
patty mixing away! love it!

                              I moved these a few times so I cracked them, but they still worked!

Directions:
-mix all ingredients together until well blended
-bake at 350 degrees for about 30 min, I used to 9 inch pans, until toothpick comes clean
-completely cool


Frosting Ingredients:
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tsp cinnamon, to taste based on how much frosting you make
2 tsp brown sugar
about 1 cup powdered sugar, again depending on how much you need
Splash of milk if gets too thick

Directions:
-on low blended together vanilla, cheese, and butter
-gradually add powdered sugar
-once have good consistency add in cinnamon and brown sugar to liking
-slather on your completely cooled cake!
**Key is to gradually add sugar until you get amount and consistency you like. I wanted mine a little sweeter so added more to cut that cream cheese bite. And I added one splash of milk when it got a little too thick.


I also made up this pretty cake stand out of  a cute plate my mom got me from the dollar store and a dollar store candlestick! I just need a lid now!




It was a yummy success! We both enjoyed the cake a lot, Patty did good on her very first recipe! :)


Here is a peek of what it looks like while I am in the kitchen... Good thing I like to clean as well!



I hope you try this recipe out and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment