11/30/11

{A Dash of Love} Cozy Chili

      Since we have had a few very chilly days recently, I thought I would make some yummy chili to warm us up! I pulled out my crockpot and slowly cooked some of the best chili I have made, ever. So, of  course, I thought I would share!
Chili is a simple and perfect meal for this time of the year. I love making big batches so we can eat on it for a few days. This chili is the perfect consistency for chili dogs. frito chili pie, and just a regular ole bowl of chili!




~If you don't have a crockpot you can cook this slowly on the stove in a huge pot instead.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped peppers
1 pkg chili seasoning
2 cans (8oz) tomato sauce
2 cans chili beans...hot flavor
1-1 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
1 tbsp hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
-Brown beef with onions and peppers.
-While the meat is browning, fill the crockpot with all remaining ingredients and stir together.
-Add beef mixture to the pot and bring to a boil on high.
-Turn down temp to medium and cook for about an hour, and then turn down to low and cook for another hour.
-Enjoy! I had it with crackers, but Eth loved it with Fritos and cheese!

This was the perfect blend of spices, and a little spicier than most chili but not too spicy where you couldn't taste anything! Yum, I cannot wait to eat leftovers for lunch!





The yummy cake I made is going to be posted next, so check back soon.... :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment