11/6/11

{Dash of Love} Pecan Pie





I have always loved pie, maybe a little too much, and I can never pick a favorite! So far I have perfected my own pumpkin and apple pie recipes, so pecan was next on the list. I plan to eventually have many more pie flavors crafted including chocolate as soon as I get my Kitchenaid. Which I may or may not be getting for Christmas?!?! I cannot wait!
This pie was derived from a recipe my mom gave me and a few others I have came across and dog-eared for future reference. I sort of just eyeballed some ingredients, of course, but I try to make sure to pay attention to how much I do put in though so I can share it with you! It was so yummy! I hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients:
1 cup of light corn syrup
approx 1-1/2 cup of sugar
1-2 tsp of vanilla extract
3 eggs
3 tbsp butter, melted
1 1/2 cup of pecans, I got the chopped pieces that had some whole in the mix
deep dish pie crust- from the freezer section at your grocery store


Directions:

-Mix everything together but the pecans until well blended
-Add in about 3/4 of pecans, and mix together
-Pour into pie crust
-Sprinkle remaining pecans on top
-Place on a oven safe cookie sheet to catch any juices that bubble over
-Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about one hour
-Pie is done when the pecans are a nice deep brown, juices are bubbly, and the top springs back when you touch it
-Let cool for 2 hours before cutting, this is very important! It allows the ooey goooey goodness to thicken up and not be runny when you cut into it





Enjoy! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment