9/11/11

{A Dash of Love} BlueRaiderBerry Cheesecake Bars

Just thought I would share my BlueRaiderBerry Cheesecake Bars recipe. It was inspired by my favorite college football team, of course, MTSU Blue Raiders! I love our school and love football, so these are perfect for tailgating! I derived it from a few recipes. The crust was part of another bar recipe and the cheescake another and I like blueberries and cheesecake...so here ya go! (Measurements and time are approx!)

Ingredients:
1/2-3/4 cup sugar
2 pkg cream cheese
2 eggs
juice of 2 lemons
zest of 1 lemon
3/4-1 cup of blueberries, frozen or fresh
yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter


Crust: with a mixer, blend cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Pat into the bottom of a greased 13x9 cake pan, or like I did- 2 8x8 pans. Reserve about 2/3 cup of crust (to sprinkle on top of bars).

Filling: with a mixer blend the softened cream cheese and sugar, then add the lemon juice and zest, and 1 egg. Mis together until well blended and pour over crust. Top with blueberries and reserved crust mixture.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 40-50 min, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool completely, cut into bars and keep cold in fridge!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment