11/4/11

{Dash of Love} Meatloaf

Hey there! It has been a while since I have had a chance to post one of my recipes. I absolutely love this recipe! I am always trying to learn more in the kitchen and add more meals to our rotation, and meatloaf is a favorite of mine.

I have for some reason I have always been a little scared of trying to make meatloaf, it is a little intimidating! It seemed like a work of an artist to get all those good flavors wrapped in a moist loaf of meat, and not bread!
Well I did a little research on what different types of ingredients go into meatloaf, the cooking time and temperature, and got started on my very own concoction! I absolutely loved it. I don't mean to toot my own horn, well yes I do, but this was one of the BEST meatloaves I have ever had! I hope you try it out too, and maybe add it to your week night meal rotation. It is so easy and can be changed up to everyone's own tastes.


Ingredients:
2 lb ground beef- I used chuck but if you want less grease in the bottom I would use lean beef, or even turkey!
2 eggs
A dash or 2 of Mrs. Dash Original seasoning
2-3 handfuls of chicken flavored stuffing- This really depends on how much you need to hold meat together!
2 shakes of minced garlic
2 shakes of s&p
6-8 squirts of ketchup
5 shakes of worcestershire sauce
Set aside 1/2 cup of ketchup & 1 tbsp of brown sugar OR equal parts ketchup and A1- for topping

Before

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degress

Mix beef and seasonings/spices together with a fork until well blended

Add eggs and stuffing until all is moist, start mixing with hands until all sticks together well and is easy to form a loaf shape

Form into loaf shape and place in dish- I used an oval 1.7 qt dish, but you can use loaf pan or whatever you have

Put in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until meat is cooked all the way through

If you would like, add a topping and cook with topping spread over the loaf for the last 10 minutes


Topping options: (I did both of these to see which I liked better!)

1. Sweeter topping- about 1/2 cup of ketchup and 1 tbsp of brown sugar well blended, this one was my favorite!

2. Savory topping- equal parts ketchup and A1 sauce wlel blended, this one was good if you don't care for a sweet sauce!

After, yum!  

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment