10/25/11

Sending Out Love

I know it is not even Halloween yet, but I have already started planning our Friendagiving feast! I cannot get excited about this year's Halloween, it is sad I know but I didn't even buy a costume this year! We are going to see the Avett Brothers on Friday so I have just been more excited about that! I absolutely love them, and if you haven't heard of them, please youtube Kick Drum Heart and Head Full of Doubt which are just 2 of the many amazing songs by them (first ones I thought of). I will have a much better post all about them after the concert....so stay tuned!


So while thinking of Thanksgiving I thought about all the things I am thankful for. It is nice to do that every once in a while, it keeps me grounded. I am thankful for so many things! I have a wonderful home, a job, a car, and am living my dream. My one dream growing up was to go to college, and graduate, and I am on my way to do just that! I also am thankful for so many people in my life. I wanted to let them know how much they mean to me. So I thought I could use this upcoming holiday as a good excuse to send out some Thank You cards!


I was so excited with all my free printable finds, until I remembered my printer only prints in black ink! I love my printer so much, a graduation gift from my Daddy, but I do wish sometimes I had another that printed in color! I was looking for free so going to print at Kinkos wasn't in the plan either. So this crafty girl handmade some cards! I just love them! I think it will mean so much more too that they are each handmade and handwritten with love. I don't know why I haven't made cards before, there are so many things I can use my big box of crafts for. I had so much fun making them and all it cost me was the price of a stamp! 


I used orange buttons and a green pen to decorate the cards. I also had some cardstock, which made these very sturdy. I think the little pumpkins give a sort of whimsical fall feel, I adore them!




I also made one that reads "Thanks" which was made out of yarn, it is child-like and fun!

You can make cards out of any craft supplies you have lying around! You can make someones' day by just sending them a special note to show how much you care. I am sending these out tomorrow and starting on some Christmas ones as soon asap! :)


For those of you who have a color printer, I also made this simple Thank You card using clipart from Microsoft Word and Picnik. You are welcome to use it for your own personal use! I think the best way to print these would be to save the image and print as 4x6's, and cardstock would be the ideal paper to use. I have the option under Windows Photo Gallery to do print images in different sizes, so hopefully you have something similar. This is the best way to get a good sized card and have room for you to fold it!



I hope you have a wonderful night! 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love the button idea! Your newest follower, Karima
    www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you so much! I will return the favor! :)

    ReplyDelete