8/26/12

{A Dash of Love} Homemade Biscuits


Another quick post tonight, getting them in before school gets too hectic! I wanted some biscuits the other morning, but sadly we were out of my absolute favorite canned kind. Sad day. But I was sad only for a few minutes, because I played around in the kitchen and ended up with some of the yummiest biscuits I have ever had! I again did some research on what is usually in biscuit recipes and derived my own. Luckily they came out perfect the first time and I can put this in my big book of recipes! Because I will definitely make these again! I hope you can add them to your book as well. Please let me know if you try them!



Ingredients: 

2 1/4 cup flour
4 tsp baking powder
3/4-1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/3 cup cold butter
1 cup cold milk
1/4 cup melted butter (for brushing the tops)

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
Mix those together, until you think they're well combined.
Dice the butter and add to the dry ingredients.
Combine using your hands, rubbing the butter and flour between your fingers until the butter pieces are the size of chocolate chips.
Stir in the milk just until a soft dough forms.
Dump onto a well floured (clean) counter.
Knead, roll into ball, then pat out into about a 11/2-2 inch thick circle/rectangle.
Find something to cut them out with, I used a small glass.
Flour the cutter well and cut the dough into biscuits, kneading and patting back out until you run out.
Pop them into the fridge for about 5 minutes.
Brush tops with melted butter and pop in the oven for about 8-13 minutes, or until golden brown.
Yields about 12 biscuits!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment