4/8/12

Entry 3: Makeup Part 2

Welcome back for Makeup Tips Part 2! You all should have had enough time to gather up your skin care products that I recommended in the last post. And, now that your faces are fresh and clean, you are ready to apply some makeup!

                 It is going to take some trial and error for you to find the right makeup products for your skin type and tone. I have tried lots and have had skin tones from super pale to super dark. My skin type is a combination, and right now I am at a medium/tan skin tone. I get oily in my T-Zone, which is the area in between your eyebrows, and also I get oily on my chin. The rest of my face gets rather dry, especially in the winter. So I have to make sure I don't get too oily of a foundation, but also make sure to moisturize my dry areas extra well! Whew! So very important to learn about your own skin and how to deal with it. If you are more oily than dry, you should definitely invest in a powder to battle that oil. I use a liquid foundation because I feel that powder doesn't last as long, but you should find which one suits you and your lifestyle! To find out what color foundation you'll need, go somewhere where they let you try the stuff on, for example Dillard's, Ulta, or Target. Make sure you try to match your neck...not your hands! People always think they should match it to their hands. You don't walk around holding your hands up to your face do you? That'd look silly, and your neck is actually attached to your face. Think, people! I will let you know what I have found to work for me, but feel free to comment and ask any questions...I know a lot about makeup! Below is a picture of my products and tools:

 Let's go from left to right...
The tools:
-The first three are the eye shadow tools, 2 different blending brushes and a sponge
-The 2 black brushes are my large and small blush brushes
-The circular sponge is how I apply foundation
I purchased all these from either ELF or Wal-Mart, nothing fancy!

The makeup:
-The circular container: Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sundance (we'll discuss how to use this) approx $4
-2 tubes: Clinique All About Eyes Concealer in Light Neutral and Light Petal approx $16/each
-Spackle Primer in Bronze approx $22 (much bigger size)
-Clinique Acne Solutions Foundations in Fresh Honey approx $26
-Covergirl Blush in Plum approx $3
-Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara in Blackest Black approx $4
-Covergirl Perfectpoint Plus Eyeliner in Black Onyx approx $5


Some of the products above are a little pricey, but I say they are worth it. If you are looking for something cheaper, I consider these my "2nd best picks." 
-Covergirl Simply Ageless Foundation approx $13
-Ulta Bronzer (can get cheap on a BOGO day) 
-Revlon Age Defying concealer approx $9
-Neutrogena Skin Clearing foundation approx $12

                 Makeup is pretty expensive, but if you use it right it will last you a good while. For foundation I use a small pea size amount for each side of my face. I use a lot of concealer, because most of the time I don't wear foundation...I only wear foundation when I need extra coverage, but on a daily basis I just use concealer and bronzer as my base. Speaking of bronzer, this is a great trick to give you some color. I tan and everything is tanned on my body, besides my face and neck...they won't tan as easily! So, I use bronzer to make my skin tone more even. I think it is good for everyone to have in the summer months though, it gives you a nice glow. To apply: Use a large blush brush and lightly sweep it on your T-ZONE, nose, and just below your cheek bones. The key with bronzer is to not get one too dark for you and to gradually apply it until you get your desired color, less is more! I have always used the mascara and eyeliner listed above. The mascara makes my lashes look full and the liner lasts all day, and they are a reasonable price! The spackle primer is a sample I received in my Birchbox one month, but totally plan to buy more when this runs out. It is an amazing primer for those hot summer days. (Primer helps your makeup last longer and go on smoother). A staple for those long days, and long nights! 

                 Now, I plan to show you my 5 minute daily face. This is what most of you know me as. It is natural-looking, light, easy, and lasts me all day long. It can be changed up with eye shadows and heavy liner for a night out or special occasion. Think of this routine as a nice base for all of your makeup fun! I am going to show you a before and after as well....debuting to the world my all natural face, make-up free. I am not ashamed of it, I just prefer it with makeup. So you should feel honored, you're seeing something that people who have known me for years don't ever get to see! I will admit, I felt so naked taking the before picture....
(BTW the first picture was taken one day before the others, it was a lazy day and I didn't feel like putting on any makeup...hence the different shirts!)
 Before, all natural, Plain Jane!

 Applying Concealer. Apply from corner to corner and blend in well

 All base makeup applied. Foundation, concealer, and bronzer. After this be sure to take a towel and blend in your jaw line, hair line, and wipe your eyebrows. This prevents any buildup and nasty makeup lines!

 Eyes should have concealer on the lids as well, especially if applying any shadow!

 Add liner to the top lash line, following along with your natural shape. I like a rather thin/medium line. 
Now if your eyes are smaller...I have rather BIG eyes...do NOT use too much liner. Too much heavy liner causes your eyes to look smaller. You should definitely only add it to your top lash line if this is the case.  None on your bottom lash line, unless you have huge eyes or you're going out to the club. I know, I am sorry, you like that dark liner look...but stop it, now! 

 I like to swipe some underneath the top lash line as well, makes my eyes POP

 You can completely see the difference between the eye with liner and the one without!

 After adding mascara to both top and bottom lashes and then blush...which should be swiped on with the small blush brush at the apples of your cheeks and up your cheekbones


All done! Natural, fresh, and easy peasy!

                  This is just my personal routine. If you don't need all of this, don't use it! I think everyone should apply the concealer under their eyes though, it really brightens them up. Also, a little mascara never hurt anyone. ;) I hope if you are new to makeup that this helped a little. And for those of you not cleaning your face properly, wearing your eye liner too dark, and not trying some bronzer....I hope this helped you change your ways! Thanks so much for tuning in to my diary entries. Check back soon for some fashion tips, as well as some rants about womanly issues! Tootles for now! 


          

No comments:

Post a Comment